Thursday, June 11, 2009

Our Story

I was going to be 40 soon and we both knew we wanted to have children. I was concerned that it could take a while for us to get pregnant. Boy, God had a plan for us! We were blessed to conceive the first month we tried. WOW! We were so excited when we found out the news. Would the baby be a BOY or a GIRL? Who would he or she look like? Would they play sports? What would they become when they grow up? All things as a parent you think about when you about to bring a bundle of joy into the world. I had weekly OB check ups as well as Maternal Fetal Medicine check ups since I was “AMA” (advanced maternal age) to make sure both me and the baby were fine. Despite our efforts our beautiful baby boy was born with Down Syndrome and severe heart defects. What a blow! Not so much the Down’s but the heart defects that is life threatening. Not to mention you think you are going to have a healthy baby and suddenly your world as you know it is forever changed. Our Lil Will has been hospitalized at Children’s Medical Center since 12/30/08. During this time, we have experience tremendous sorrows, triumphant break through and amazing miracles everyday! Through it all we know the Lord has kept us, He has strengthened us, He has blessed us and He has grown us up in Him! This blog is a way for us to continue to share our story believing it will meet a need of someone that of whom only God knows.
To God be the Glory for the great things He has done!

2 comments:

  1. Hey William and Sequita,
    What a beautiful little boy! I pray that he will soon be able to go home with you and grow healthy and strong.
    I have a nephew who was born with Down's. His parents work hard to make sure he is treated just like his brother and sisters! Timmy Jr is going to school (he's 7 now) and is doing well. He still needs to be closely watched, but is getting better all the time. I pray that Lil Will has the same determination and curiosity that Timmy Jr has. I know that the two of you will do everything in your power to help him along. I pray that God gives you the strength and stamina to help him grow to be the best he can be.
    God knew what He was doing when He sent Lil Will to you! I can't think of two better people for him! Sequita, I know we have not met, but I've known William for a few years, and I know the kind of wife he would choose. I would be honored to call you family!
    Love, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and will look forward to keeping up with Lil Wil's progress on here...Praise God for his wonderful progress. He is such a blessing!! Love you guys!! Belinda

    ReplyDelete